Even as the Chrysler Group was tasked with overhauling nearly its entire lineup during the 2010 and 2011 model years, the team refused to put quantity over quality. According to Dodge Dealer Seattle, this helps explain why nine different Chrysler Group products—including vehicles from all five divisions—recently were honored by Consumer Guide Automotive as strong picks for 2012.
This included six vehicles that were named 2012 “Best Buys”:
- Chrysler 300—Now available with the segment’s only eight-speed automatic transmission, a 31-mpg highway rating from the EPA and new benchmarks for premium amenities.
- Chrysler Town & Country—Winner of the Polk Automotive Loyalty Award in the minivan segment for 11 years and counting.
- Dodge Charger—Featuring an audiophile-level “Beats by Dr. Dre” premium sound system that’s been specifically tuned for the Charger with the assistance of Dr. Dre and noted music producer Jimmy Iovine.
- Dodge Grand Caravan—Boasting a family-friendly MSRP of just $20,995, making it the most affordable minivan in the country.
- Dodge Journey—Beneficiary of an impressive 14 percent sales jump in 2011 and the only crossover offering four- and six-cylinder engines, five- or seven-passenger seating, and front- and all-wheel-drive.
- Ram 1500—The fastest-growing full-size pickup in America in 2011, reflecting a 23 percent increase in sales and the popularity of innovative models like the Tradesman and Outdoorsman.
In addition, three other vehicles from the Chrysler Group were named Consumer Guide “Recommended Picks” for 2012:
- Jeep Grand Cherokee—The best-selling model of the fastest-growing brand in the auto industry in 2011.
- Dodge Durango—Which this year adds optional second-row captain’s chairs to a package that already provides best-in-class power, towing and driving range.
- Fiat 500—Delivering Italian flair and, in 2012, a hi-po Abarth model that includes a complimentary performance-driving experience.
“We are honored and thrilled to have nine vehicles named as ‘Best Buys’ or ‘Recommended Picks’ by Consumer Guide Automotive,” said Reid Bigland, president and CEO of the Dodge Brand and head of U.S. Sales for the automaker. “Chrysler Group launched an unprecedented 16 all-new or substantially-refreshed vehicles in 2010 and 2011, models that continue to resonate with both consumers and objective, third parties like Consumer Guide.”